Blend Smoked Honey is 100% raw local honey that has been cold wood smoked and crafted with toasted spices & natural artisan ingredients.
You can drizzle it over thick cut bacon, grilled pineapple or pan fried Haloumi… Mix with other sauces, vinegars & spices to make your own smoky glazes, salad dressings, cocktails or to finish ‘THE’ best BBQ’d pork chops on Earth!!
Here’s a recipe from Mr Blend Smoked Honey himself.
1 kg Pork Collar Butt or Pork Belly
1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
1 tablespoon Dark Soy
1 tablespoon Light Soy
2 tablespoon Blend Smoked Honey
1 tablespoon Red Bean Curd
1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon White Pepper
1/2 small knob Ginger 2 cloves of Garlic
1. Depending on the cut of pork you use, slice into 2 or 3 pieces about 4 inches wide. If using belly remove skin.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a small stainless bowl and cover pork preferably over night but 4-6 hours will still be awesome.
3. To cook pork ideally use a charcoal bbq and indirectly cook at around 165-180C for around 45mins depending on the thickness of the cut. Home ovens will do the same job but you won’t get the traditional subtle smokey flavour that a BBQ or smoker brings to the meat.
4. When the pork is close to done, move it over the top of the charcoal to set the glaze and caramelise the outside.
5. Serve with Asian Greens and steamed rice. Enjoy!!
Recipe & images courtesy of www.blendsmokedhoney.com