PEACH & MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
INTRODUCING … our Meat at Billy’s Peach & Mustard Ham Glaze.
Ready to use, minimal effort required, maximum flavour reward. Just open and apply.
It’s the only ham glaze to use on our premium ham on the bone this Christmas…
Each jar is enough to glaze up to a large 10-12kg ham on the bone.
Juicy Golden Queen Peaches (from Jamworks) deliver the golden peachy orange colour but more importantly they bring the classic flavour of an Australian Summer to the mix. Mustards seeds add a tangy mustard flavour but deliver both visually & texturally also. You’ll see multicoloured mustard seeds throughout the glaze and these give a nice surprise pop every now & then when eating. Next is the Lime Juice for zestiness & zing to balance the sweetness from ripe peaches.
Our ham glaze is the perfect consistency too! It holds perfectly to the ham while brushing it on and doesn’t run off.
Try a Meat at Billy’s Peach & Mustard Glazed Ham for you Christmas this year.
Billy’s Ham on the Bone
1 jar Meat at Billy’s Peach & Mustard Glaze
GRILLED PEACH, BURRATA & BLACK OLIVE SALAD
5 peaches, halved
fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (+ extra for drizzling)
3 tbsp malt vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
large roasting dish
GLAZING THE HAM
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C.
2. Prepare the ham for glazing by carefully removing the rind. You do this by gently sliding the tips of your fingers backwards & forwards between the rind & fat, gently pulling the rind away as you go. WATCH VIDEO
3. Carefully score the fat in a decorative pattern being careful not to cut into the ham itself. Our butchers are always happy to do this for you in advance to help save you time & effort.
4. Place your ham in a roasting dish & using a basting brush, apply the glaze mixture liberally all over your ham (at least 3/4 of the jar).
5. Place ham in a roasting dish & add 1 or 2 cups of water to the base of the dish to help the ham retain moisture. Bake for 1-2 hours depending on the size of your ham. A 5kg ham will take about 1-1.5 hours. A 10kg ham about 2 hours.
6. Brush on more glaze every 25 minutes or so, ensuring there’s 1 cup of water in the roasting dish at all times The ham is ready when the glaze has turned a lovely golden brown colour.
1. Preheat your BBQ.
2. Drizzle peaches with olive oil grill until you have nice black char lines.
3. For the vinaigrette, whisk to combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard & honey. Taste and season to your liking.
4. Arrange the grilled peaches, olives, thyme leaves & burrata on a plate and drizzle with the vinaigrette.