Cheat’s Moroccan sausage rolls
with minted yoghurt sauce
These Cheat’s Moroccan Sausage Rolls utilise the already prepared Meat at Billy’s Merguez (spicy Moroccan style lamb sausage) as the filling.
Our Merguez sausages are made in-house. They contain freshly minced free range lamb, cumin, sumac, cayenne, quatre epices, nutmeg, garlic, paprika, salt and oregano.
This minted yoghurt sauce is the perfect accompaniment as it compliments the spicy flavours of the lamb beautifully.
Makes: approx 32 mini sausage rolls || Time: Prep – 20-30min, cook – 25-30mins
1kg Meat at Billy’s Merguez sausage*
1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
½ cup raisins, roughly chopped
4 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
*Meat at Billy’s Merguez sausage is available in store and online for home delivery.
- 1. For the mint yoghurt sauce, mix together the Greek yoghurt, fresh mint and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- 2. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3. Remove the Merguez sausage meat from its casings. Mix together the sausage meat, fresh coriander and raisins.
- 4. Place a sheet of the thawed pastry on the bench and cut in half. Place sausage mixture down the middle of one half of the pastry. Brush (or use your finger) the edge with some water and fold over to enclose the filling. Use a fork to press the edges together. Cut into four pieces. Repeat with the other half and remaining pastry sheets.
- 5. Place the sausage rolls on the lined baking tray and brush the sausage rolls with beaten egg. Sprinkle with coriander seeds and place into the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden in colour.
- 6. Serve with the minted yoghurt sauce.