- Privacy legislation
- Meat at Billy’s is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles.
- That law regulates our collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction of your personal information as well as your rights concerning that information.
- We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time including when we are required to do so by law.
- Collection of your personal information
- We collect details of your name, address, telephone numbers, internet and email addresses, the time and date of your visit to our website and your username and password to access the features of our website including our on-line ordering system.
- We will do this variously including when we speak with you personally or exchange email or use other electronic means; when you provide information on-line at our website by means of any application or device including to establish an account with us; and when you participate in any promotions or competitions or provide a testimonial to us.
- Usually the personal information that we hold about you is collected as a result of our direct dealings with each other. However, we use third party service providers, for example, PayPal, who will also collect your personal information (for example, when you make a payment through the on-line ordering system at our website).
- Similarly, you may link to third party websites from our website and the operators of those websites will each have privacy statements. No third party website operator or website is controlled by us and you should read the privacy policies at those websites.
- We may also collect personal information about you from a third party or from a public source if:
- you have consented to our doing so
- you would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way for the purpose of providing our products and services
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to your life or health.
- We also collect information that is recorded by cookies (see Section 4. Cookies below) and other digital means when you visit our website or use any mobile device application. You may clear cookies and other digital identifiers by changing the privacy and other settings in your web browser.
- You are entitled to withhold your personal information and remain anonymous or provide a pseudonym when dealing with us. However, if you do this we may be unable to provide our products, services or other information to you or deal with a complaint.
- We usually do not collect sensitive information about you including health information. When your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
- Use and disclosure of your personal information
- Information collected about you helps us to manage our business; improve our services; obtain services from other businesses; meet your needs relating to the supply of products and services; comply with our legal and statutory obligations; and respond to your queries or complaints.
- Your information also enables us to provide you with details of other products and services and those of third parties that we think may be of interest to you. Use of the information also informs our sales and marketing strategies and we may de-identify your personal information for that purpose.
- If you do not wish to receive any sales or marketing information from us, we set out under Opting out below how you notify us of this.
- We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties who either supply products to us or who deliver products to you. Third party product suppliers may be located overseas.
- Third party telecommunication services that are supplied to us may include data storage, back-up and disaster recovery services as well as payment processing services. These services may also be supplied to us from locations outside Australia that may change at any time without notice to us.
- We may also disclose your personal information if we are authorised by or are compelled to do so under Australian law, for example, as a result of a warrant issued by a court or if required by a government authority, national security agency or law enforcement body.
- We may also disclose your information to third parties to whom we sell our assets or business.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that anyone to whom we disclose your personal information or who otherwise holds your information anywhere in the world has effective controls in place to protect and secure your information from unauthorised use and disclosure; limits access to your information; and uses it strictly for the purpose for which we disclosed it to them and in accordance with all applicable laws including privacy law.
- server address
- top level domain name
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit
- the previous site that you visited
- if you have visited our site before
- the type of browser used.
- Opting out
- When we send you any direct sales and marketing material (whether by email, text or printed communications), we will inform you as to how you may opt out from receiving material from us in the future.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org us to inform us that you wish to opt out.
- Data security and integrity
- We take steps to protect the personal information that we hold about you against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or loss.
- Except as stated otherwise in this Privacy Statement, your personal information that is sent to us electronically is stored on servers located in our premises in Brisbane.
- We deploy various physical and electronic security measures to protect your information including restricting physical access to our offices, firewalls and secure databases. Your personal information that is in tangible form is stored securely in lockable cupboards or drawers.
- The internet is not a secure environment and you send us your personal information at your own risk.
- Your right to access your personal information
- We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you is accurate, up to date and complete. We will update the information when you notify us that your information has changed and otherwise as necessary.
- If you think that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us at:
email@example.com or 07 3366 2912 and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- You have a right to access most of your personal information and to seek its correction. Please contact us to ask for access to your information. We will confirm your identity before giving you access to your personal information.
- In general you do not need to pay us a fee to access your information depending upon the nature and extent of the resources that we will need to deploy to fully respond to your request. If we do charge a fee, it will be reasonable in the circumstances and we will inform you about this.
- We may deny your request in some circumstances as permitted by law. If we do not agree to provide access to your personal information or to amend the information that we hold about you, you may seek a review of or appeal our decision under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth). You may also make a statement about the changes requested and we will attach this to the record.
- If you have a complaint concerning your information privacy the complaint will be investigated and the outcome of the investigation communicated to you as soon as is reasonably practicable. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at oaic.gov.au
- Contact us
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy or if you require a printed copy of it.
- If you wish to make a complaint that we have not complied with the Privacy Act or the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us.
Customer Service Department
Meat at Billy’s HQ
6/104 Newmarket Road, Windsor, Queensland, 4030
PH 07 3366 2912 (select menu option #3)