Turducken Cooking Guide
Chicken | Duck | Turkey … all rolled into one
A Turducken is a dish consisting of a deboned chicken stuffed into a deboned duck, stuffed into a deboned turkey, hence the name!
How to Cook a Turducken
As a guide, the approximate cooking time is 30 mins per 500g. However to ensure your cook will not fail, we strongly suggest you invest in a digital thermometer. This is the only way to guarantee your birds are cooked perfectly.
Because it’s such a big piece of meat, you’ll want to cook your turducken at a low temperature for a longer period.
- 1. Preheat oven to 150/160°c.
- 2. Rub the skin of the turducken with oil, salt & pepper (or a glaze)
- 3. Put your turducken into whatever roasting dish you have that will fit it. Add a litre of stock to the dish and then cover the whole thing loosely with foil
- 4. Cook for 30 mins per 500g*
- 5. Baste every 30/45 mins. OPTIONAL – try basting with maple syrup and butter for optimum caramelisation on the outer skin.
- 6. Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking to crisp up the skin.
*The turducken is cooked when the internal temp reaches 75º Celsius or 165-167F.
Always allow your turducken to rest before slicing.