WIN A $300 GIFT CARD
TO SPEND AT BARBEQUES GALORE
A $300 Barbeques Galore gift card, courtesy of Murray Valley Pork.
Prize drawn – Friday 12th April, 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
- 1. Purchase a Murray Valley Pork Collar Butt AND a Barbecue Mafia “La Familia’ 150g meat rub.
- 2. Ask for your entry card, fill it in & place it in the competition barrel.
- 1. Purchase the combo product ‘Pork Collar Butt + La Familia Rub Combo‘ for home delivery or click & collect and you’ll automatically go into the draw.
A basic pulled pork recipe
Charcoal is best but an oven will do
There’s more than one way to cook a pork butt that’s for sure.
This guide is based on using a Weber kettle and is a basic guide to help a beginner get in and give it a go.
Don’t have a charcoal BBQ? You can do this in your oven. It just won’t have that added classic smokey flavour!
- 1. Set up your Weber for offset cooking (one charcoal basket only pushed over to one side).
- 2. Light your charcoal in a chimney & fill the basket with lit charcoal, replace lid and allow the BBQ to heat up.
- 3. Aim for the ideal temperature range of 225/250°F or 110/120°C
- 4. Apply the rub liberally all over the pork.
- 5. Place on the grill plate, opposite side to the charcoal. Put an empty tray underneath the pork to catch the fat dripping if you’d prefer.
- 6. Throw a chunk or two of fruit wood on the charcoal once or twice throughout the cook if you like the smoke!
- 7. Replace lid and wait until the internal temperature of the pork gets to 165°F or 75°C. This is where a digital meat thermometer comes in real handy. No thermometer? Look for a sweet mahogany coloured bark as your sign it’s time! And then go and buy a meat thermometer (-;
- 8. At this point, wrap the pork in alfoil and continue smoking until it hits 205°F or 95°C
- 9. Remove from the BBQ and let it rest in the alfoil for an hour. This rest time is really important. It allows the meat to soften & mellow.
- 10. Grab some meat claws / two forks / your hands and pull the pork apart. Serve & eat (-:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. Customers must purchase a Murray Valley Pork Collar Butt AND Barbecue Mafia La Familia rub, either in store (Ashgrove or Rosalie) or online to enter.
- 2. For in store purchases: Entrants must complete their details on the competition entry card in order to be valid. Entries must be placed in the competition entry barrel on the counter at Ashgrove or Rosalie. Entry must be completed at the time of purchase.
- 3. For online orders: Entry is automatic, once you have completed the purchase of the ‘Pork Collar Butt + Barbecue Mafia La Familia Rub Combo’.
- 4. Purchases must be made between Friday 22nd March, 2019 and Thursday 11th April, inclusive.
- 5. One winner will be selected at random.
- 6. The winner will be contacted via phone on Friday 12th April, 2019.
- 7. The prize is one $300 Barbecues Galore Gift Card, donated by Murray Valley Pork.
- 8. Prize must be collected in store.
- 9. Prize is not redeemable for cash.