Lemon & Garlic Chicken Roasters Recipe
with Roasted Almond & Cardamon Couscous and Lemon & Garlic Yoghurt Dressing
These lemon & garlic chicken roasters are addictive. A bone in chicken breast, skin on, marinated with a few spices, fresh lemon, fresh thyme & garlic.
Recipes & images courtesy of @glennscottcreativeculinary
4 x lemon & garlic chicken roasters *(from Meat at Billy’s)
1 x 225g packet Thistle Be Good” Roasted Almond & Cardamon Couscous * (from Meat at Billy’s)
160g fresh green beans (sliced small and blanched)
2 x corn on the cobs (halved)
75g red onion (finely diced)
2 carrots medium (coarsely grated)
½ red capsicum (finely diced)
extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tbsp butter
1 cup Greek plain yoghurt
1 clove garlic (minced)
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Lemon juice
salt & pepper
- Set oven to 180°C.
- Lightly oil the chicken roasters and bake for 40 minutes (or until cooked through (internal temp of 75°C if you have a meat thermometer). Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In another separate oven tray, add corn and drizzle with the EVOO and dot with butter. Season and cook for 30-40 minutes also.
- In a bowl add carrots, onion, capsicum and the beans.
- In another small bowl add the yoghurt, lemon zest and juice. Season & whisk to combine and set aside.
- Prepare the couscous to packet instructions. Place couscous in a large bowl and add 230ml boiling water. Stir thoroughly and cover for 5-10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of EVOO and mix with a fork to fluff it.
- Add the beans, onion, carrot and capsicum to the couscous and combine.
- Place a good portion of the couscous on each plate with a piece of corn and a chicken roaster. Drizzle with some yoghurt dressing.